Tuesday, September 17, 2024

All narrative tenses - gap filling task

This ______________ (happen) about five years ago. I ______________  (come) back home from Turkey where I ______________ (be) on holiday with some friends who ______________ (rent) a bungalow in the mountains not for from Ankara, the capital.

Anyway, we______________ (sit) in the plane and______________ (just / take) off when there______________ (be) a loud bang from the right hand side of the plane and I could see a lot of smoke coming from one of the engines. Of course, everyone______________ (start) looking around but the plane  ______________  (carry on) flying normally. And then a few minutes later the pilot ______________ (come) on to the PA and said there was a problem with one of the engines and we’d have to return to the airport.

I felt pretty nervous, I can tell you, but I______________ (try) to concentrate on my book, and about ten minutes later we______________ (land) without any problems. We  ______________ (have) to wait for about an hour and then we got back on the plane. Actually, it was a different plane and I was

pretty relieved that it was.